Friday, September 16, 2011

CSC Assignment

My CSC assignment will be in Coimbatore, the second largest city in the state of Tamil Nadu, 230 miles south east of Bangalore. My team includes Amanda Zitke Oliveira and Gaston Garcia from IBM Argentina and Vaclav Spok from IBM Czech Republic. My extended team (other IBMers traveling to the same region but working with other clients) includes IBMers from Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain and the United States.

Once we arrive in Coimbatore, we will start by meeting the representatives of Isha Vidhya, a non-profit organization tasked with improving the quality of education for children living in rural India. The objective of the assignment is to help Isha Vidhya design a solution for training educators remotely through the use of technology.

Before heading to Coimbatore though, I will be taking personal time off to visit New Delhi, Agra (Taj Mahal), Jaipur and Mumbai. As I prepare to leave, there are so many things to take care of that I already feel overwhelmed. However, like everyone who has been through the program, I am confident that I too will return home satisfied from this experience. After all, that is the motivation that led me to apply for this program in the first place.

#ibmcsc

No comments:

Post a Comment